Welcome back to another episode of Happy Porch Radio. This is episode 11 of season 2 – which is all about Umbraco!
In this episode we hear from two different people in different roles in one agency.
Later on in the episode, you will hear from Jacques Nel – a developer with Bluegrass – as he shares his story of being a developer and gives us an insight into Umbraco development in the agency.
It is really cool to hear from two people within the same agency – and I’m really grateful to both Nick and Jacques for sharing their stories.
Listen to the episode below
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- Bluegrass Digital’s background and how Umbraco became an important component of their agency.
- How they became early adopters of Umbraco’s CMS and how critical it is to their business.
- How important it is to be Umbraco certified.
- What the agency looks for when recruiting developers and how they manage to keep them up to speed on everything Umbraco.
- A peek at the types of projects and work that Bluegrass Digital tackles using Umbraco.
- A fascinating BOA – business as usual – approach to structuring and offering support and maintenance retainers.
- Some of the fun projects that they have worked on including unique use cases and interesting clients.
- How the team uses templates and a base to make the project easier for the agency and their clients.
- Some of the biggest challenges Jacques faces when working on Umbraco projects.
- The problem that licensed CMS options can cause for developers.
- Jacques’ desires for Umbraco 8.
- Why clients are usually hesitant to update Umbraco.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Bluegrass Digital
- Nick Durrant
- Jacques Nel
- React Native
- Fives Futbol
- Microsoft Azure