Welcome back to season 2 of Happy Porch Radio.
As you know season 2 is all about Umbraco and one of the most common requests we have had is for interesting case studies or stories from Umbraco “in the wild”. And we have a great example coming up for you.
On this episode, I am absolutely delighted to introduce Dann Sheridan. Dann is responsible for e-commerce in a global division of a large multi-national – in fact the 3rd largest information services company in the world.
Dann shares the story of their multi-year project to pull a complex and disparate collection of technologies across the globe into a common digital marketing and sales solution – a solution that depends upon Umbraco – and specifically Umbraco cloud.
Listen to the episode below
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- Dann’s role at Wolters Kluwer and the types of projects than Dann is working on.
- How honest self assessment (and the resulting low scores) led to a shift in their marketing focus from technology to results (from tools and tactics to business strategy, processes and results).
- The scale of the current multi-year project that Dann is working on and the chaotic backdrop that got it all started.
- A few of the individual challenges and costs that came with such a unique project.
- Why Dann believes Umbraco has found the perfect balance between technology and SaaS capability.
- The average time it takes to complete a migration project like this.
- What the development process looks like for their team.
- One specific (non-technical) challenge to watch out for with a complex project like this.
- How using Umbraco and uCommerce has been a ‘freeing’ and ‘unleashing’ experience for Dann and his team.
- And a whole bunch more…
Mentioned in the episode:
- Dann Sheridan
- How to Deploy Multi-Million Dollar eCommerce on Umbraco Cloud
- The Baymard Institute
- IBM Websphere
- Visual Studio
- Eloqua Forms