Having obtained a degree in Biochemistry with Neuroscience at university, Ravi Motha was lured by the bright lights and potential of the web, joining Logica (now CGI) in 1998. He rode the first dotcom boom and burst and has since worked at a diverse range of companies building award winning websites, micro-sites and campaigns for clients like eBay, Coca-Cola, Ford, Orange, Deutsche Bank, Rolls-Royce and Fox International Channels. Currently, Ravi works as a web developer at Comprend London and runs the Umbraco London Monthly Meetup. photo credit : Douglas Robar
Listen to the episode
Tune in to find out:
- Warren’s personal background, from an early fascination in computers (starting at 10) that led to programming and eventually joining the Umbraco HQ team.
- The story of a frantic web search in the early days that led to Warren’s involvement and interest with Umbraco.
- How the Umbraco community really fueled Warren’s passion and dedication to Umbraco.
- How a spare hour after lunch led to the highly successful video podcast, uHangouts.
- Warren’s thoughts on the future of Umbraco.
- How Ravi stumbled into Umbraco and then dove in to the Umbraco community.
- Some of the little differences between the Umbraco community and other tech communities.
- A few of Ravi’s strategies for organising local meetups (such as choosing meet up locations).
- The three main challenges with organising local Umbraco meetups.