In this episode, we are once again joined by our co-host, Kate, who is the co-founder of Fat Free Media.
This episode is the first of a two-part conversation with our guest, Dan Robertson, President of Vercida Consulting.
We spoke to Dan back in Episode Two of the season and it was so good that we invited him back for more!
Dan is an expert on work base diversity and inclusion, unconscious bias, and inclusive leadership.
This conversation extends our discussion from Episode Two of the season, going more into depth on what a bias is, the types of biases to be aware of, and providing some really insightful and real world tips for how to manage biases within yourself and your teams.
So, for all this and more, keep listening!
Dan Robertson is the Director of VERCIDA Consulting.
He is widely regarded as a subject matter expert on workplace diversity & inclusion, unconscious bias and inclusive leadership.
Tune in to find out:
- What is meant by bias, which is essentially assumption.
- Affinity bias: your natural tendency to gravitate towards people who are like you.
- Confirmation bias: your formed impression of somebody.
- Seeing collusion within the key types of biases.
- Bias - good people with good intention with unintended consequences.
- Exclusion: an outcome of not including people who are like us.
- The importance of mitigating biases.
- Ways of mitigating biases as a person leading a team or running an agency.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone of your group to get to know difference.
- And much more!